JCT suite of contracts revisions: 2016 editions to replace the 2011 editions
2016 saw many revisions in the contracting world, most noticeably was the JCT suite of contracts which had 2016 editions to replace the 2011 editions. The new editions feature:
- Fair Payment, transparency and BIM
- CDM Regulations 2015
- Public Contracts Regulations 2015,
- Fair Payment principles, simplification and consolidation of payment provisions
- Easier third party arrangements including performance bond
- Insurance of Existing Structures cover for Contractors, Further changes to improve
- Named Specialists
2016 also saw the issue of the THE SOCIETY OF CONSTRUCTION LAW DELAY AND DISRUPTION PROTOCOL 2nd Edition, all be it as a consultation draft.
The 2nd Edition of the Pre Action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes was also launched in 2016. It is similar in many ways to itís predecessor, with the main change being the new edition introduces a Protocol Referee Procedure where by TeCSA appoint a referee who provides a binding Decision.
View News Archives